|| 35 East Wacker Drive
1:2000 scale miniature paper model, about 3 inches tall
Originally known as the Jeweler's Building, this 1926 skyscraper was one of the last in Chicago built in Beaux Arts style. Despite the historicist terracotta ornamentation, the building was equipped with one of the nation's largest internal parking garages, with an entirely automatic elevator system, ensuring the highest security for the jeweler tenants. The domed cupola on the 40th floor once featured a lounge and restaurant with panoramic views of the city.
Copyright 2022 Matt Bergstrom